Are you overweight? Fed up with wasting money on weight-loss tools that don’t work?
The Allurion Programme supports your ongoing weight-loss over 6 months and combines:
A state-of-the-art gastric pill balloon. The world’s first and only weight-loss device that requires no surgery, endoscopy, or anaesthesia for either placement or removal.
The Allurion Connected Scale and Health Tracker, connected to the Allurion Mobile App to track and support your achievements
A team of experts to support your personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan
Al Hosn Medical Center offers the Allurion Gastric Balloon procedure in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This procedure helps you lose weight steadily while feeling full. Contact our surgeons to sign up for this safe and advanced weight-loss procedure.
About Allurion Gastric Balloon
This capsule Allurion balloon is ingested with water and is designed to be placed in your stomach. The position of the balloon is confirmed with an x-ray. Once the balloon is in place, the inflation process can begin with 550 ml of sterile water being pumped into the balloon. You can expect this procedure to last 15 minutes.
A fully inflated Allurion gastric balloon will give a patient a sense of feeling full after having a small portion of food. This method reduces a patient’s food intake and gives the full stomach sensation for an extended period. The procedure is a medically proven technique for achieving weight loss.
After the success of the inflation, the balloon will deflate in 4 months. This will not require the use of an endoscopic procedure to confirm. The balloon will be excreted out of the body naturally. This procedure is non-invasive, and the patient will not be at risk. The need for hospital admission, anesthesia or endoscopy is not required in this instance. The difference in the Allurion balloon before and after the procedure is evident and positively impacts the patient’s life.
Eligibility For Allurion Balloon Procedure
A patient must meet every criterion of the following requirement to be eligible for the Allurion Gastric Balloon.
These requirements are:
- Body mass index (BMI) between 30-40 or higher
- No prior history of gastrointestinal surgery
- The patient must be over the age of 18
- Does not suffer from any inflammatory gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Pregnant people or breastfeeding individuals are not eligible
- Psychologically sound health
- Not eligible for weight loss surgery due to being overweight
- Must cooperate with a supervised medical program
The Advantages Of An Allurion Balloon
- The patient is expected to lose 10% – 15% of their previous body weight after 16 weeks from the day of the procedure
- Considerable reduction in waist circumference if the meal plan is followed and exercise is performed
- The procedure accompanies the reduction of BMI, body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- This non-invasive procedure is short, and the recovery time is expected to be shorter than most bariatric methods
- There is no permanent change to the patient’s digestive system
- No nutritional supplements are required during the recovery period
- Minimal side effects
- This procedure is considered the safest way to lose weight
Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will be required to have a consultation with a specialist who will discuss the long-term weight loss goals, lifestyle and fitness levels that can be achieved. A clinical dietician will be assigned to ensure that the patient’s diet and nutrition are monitored before the procedure. In addition, the patient will have to refrain from consuming foods or liquids 12 hours before the procedure.
The side effects that can happen are:
- Acid Reflux
- Abdominal Cramps
Most patients can swallow the Allurion Gastric Balloon easily without complications. If someone faces difficulties ingesting the ballon orally, they can be assisted by a physician. The trained physician can guide the balloon into position without endoscopy or anesthesia.
There are no dietary restrictions that accompany the procedure. What does need to be monitored is the food intake and nutrition of the patient. A nutritionist will give the patient dietary recommendations to ensure the predecided body goals are achieved.
Patients can return to performing everyday activities and leading healthy life after a day or two. Some people face minimal side effects post-procedure, which could extend the recovery period marginally. A physician can prescribe standard medication to minimize the effects and mitigate discomfort.